Shun Classic 7 1/2" Double Hollow-Ground Sumo Santoku
Sale price $129.99 Regular price
Why I like it: The extra width and weight of this blade give it the focused power to cut through whole chickens or large blocks of cheese.
- Two stacked rows of hollow grounds resist sticking when slicing and the broad blade is great for scooping up chopped ingredients from cutting board.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blades are clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The wide angle-tipped blade combines the best features of a chef’s knife and a cleaver.
- Two rows of indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.