Shun Classic 7" Hollow-Ground Santoku All-Purpose Kitchen Knife
Why I like it: The Shun 7-inch blade is a staple in my collection. I started collecting Shun knives many years ago, and have never regretted purchasing one. The 7-inch is a great first chef's knife because it is so versatile.
- Making meal prep faster, this all-purpose knife is excellent at chopping, dicing and slicing ingredients such as fruits, vegetables and meats; a reliable and versatile knife for any kitchen
- Shun's VG-MAX steel is an innovative and exclusive formula with extra carbon, cobalt, tungsten, vanadium and chromium for increased strength, durability, sharpness and corrosion resistance
- The ebony PakkaWood handle is designed for comfort and control; PakkaWood is a genuine hardwood infused with resin, resulting in a water-resistant and durable finish
- With its easy, powerful glide, the Shun Classic 7-inch Santoku makes meal prep enjoyable whether for holidays, supper club, family dinners, date nights, girls' nights or block parties
- The Damascus-clad blade is formed by layering various metal alloys and forging them into a solid piece; bead-blasting reveals the rippling pattern of the layers for a beautiful effect
Details: A member of the stylish Shun Classic line, this multipurpose Santoku knife comfortably handles any kitchen cutting need from chopping to mincing, dicing, and slicing. Resembling something between a chef’s knife and a cleaver, this tool features a wide blade measuring 7-inches in length. The scalloped detailing along the knife’s cutting edge creates air pockets during use to prevent food from adhering its steel surface.
Leveraging a 90-year history of superior workmanship, Shun knives are precision-forged in Japan by renowned blade manufacturer KAI. Using technologically advanced processes, a VG-10 "super steel" core is clad with 16 layers of high-carbon stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus-look blade. The Damascus detailing not only enhances the knife’s aesthetic appeal, it also prevents morsels from sticking and avoids crushing or damaging foods. Forming a comfortable D-shaped hold, a fused blend of hardwood veneers and resin comprise the unique ebony Pakkawood handle. A traditionally offset stainless-steel bolster protects knuckles while a steel end-cap finishes the piece. Although dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended. This product includes a lifetime warranty. -- Amy Arnold
Package Dimensions: 15.4 x 3.0 x 1.2 inches